The AML/BSA Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for the direct supervision and review of multiple compliance analysts. The Quality Assurance Analysts will primarily be responsible for reviewing the quality and accuracy of the compliance analyst’s work. This position will also be responsible for summarizing their findings within weekly reports to be utilized by company leadership. The position can be located in the Cleveland, Ohio office; Hudson, Ohio office; or Phoenix, Arizona office.
- Responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of a AML/BSA Quality Assurance program.
- Review account documentation as assigned by QA supervisor and update QA database with exceptions as necessary
- Review pending exceptions to assure all exceptions are cleared in a timely manner
- Analyzes and communicates proposed enhancements to address identified risks or gaps in AML/BSA procedures and processes.
- Assists in the preparation of regular reports on the results of the QA testing
- Identify and assist with coordination of training needs
- Bachelor's degree in related field (business, accounting, etc.)
- 2 – 4 years of AML/BSA experience
- Knowledge of the banking industry and related laws and regulations.
- ACAMS, CFE, or CPA preferred
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Power Point.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to research and make relevant recommendations to improve existing processes, system and operations to mitigate risks.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Be able to critically review closure rationale to determine if resolution was appropriate and clearly documented
- Be able to identify solutions for recurring issues identified during the QA process
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, cover letter, and which office location you would like to work at to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.